The Health Records department is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality, accuracy, integrity, and quality of client/patient information for Hanover & District Hospital.
- Responds to inquiries and processing of requests for client/patient information.
- Coding, abstracting and submission of clinical data on in-patients, day surgery, out-patients and emergency patients.
- Monitoring and improvement of data quality.
- Monitoring and compliance with chart content, completion and documentation requirements.
- Transcription service and scanning of health records.
- Chart assembly, filing, retrieval, tracking and delivery.
- Assists in protecting the legal interests of the patient, facility and staff.
To find out more information about requesting personal health information or making a Freedom of Information request, visit Your Privacy Matters page