Volunteering as a Patient & Family Advisor
What is the Role of a Patient & Family Advisor?
The role of a Patient & Family Advisor is to work in partnership with the Hanover & District Hospital to provide high quality care and exceptional experience by integrating the patient and family/caregivers point of view into service and quality improvements.
Patient & Family Advisor can contribute their thoughts/ideas by participating in the following groups;
- Patient & Family Advisory Committee (PFAC) – the steering committee for the Patient & Family Advisory Program at Hanover & District Hospital. Members of this committee can also participate in various hospital committees including, Health Equity, Ethics Professional Practice, and Patient Safety.
- Unit Based Committees and/or Focus Groups – Patient & Family Advisor may be asked to participate on various hospital projects as they occur to enhance patient and family centred care throughout the hospital.
How to Apply?
To apply to become a Patient & Family Advisor, you must meet the following criteria;
- Should have accessed or have had a family member or friend access the services of Hanover & District Hospital within the past two years;
- Live in Hanover or the surrounding catchment area;
- Have a sincere interest in working with a group to improve the experience of patients of the hospital; and
- Complete an orientation session prior to committee involvement.
Hanover & District Hospital is looking for community members who are;
- Passionate about enhancing the health care experience;
- Able to share insights and information about their experience in a group setting;
- Respectful of other people’s opinions and perspectives;
- Active listener; and
- Open to see beyond their own personal experience.
If you are interested in applying and meet all of the above criteria you can download and complete the following application package:
The application package can be submitted to;
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org– subject line “Patient & Family Advisor Application”
Mail: Attention: Executive Assistant
Hanover & District Hospital
90-7th Avenue, Hanover, ON N4N 1N1