HDH COVID-19 Outbreak Declared Over
November 03, 2022
HDH, in collaboration with the Grey Bruce Public Health Unit, is pleased to declare the COVID-19 outbreak on the Acute Care, unit to be resolved and over as of November 3, 2022.
Visiting hours of 11am -7pm will resume immediately. The HDH visiting policy allows for;
- The Acute Care Unit will allow a maximum of four (4) designated visitors; two (2) visitors will be permitted to visit the bedside at one time.
- Emergency Department, Surgical Services, Outpatient Clinics/Appointments will allow for one (1) support person with each patient.
- The Emergency Department will allow children to be accompanied by two (2) support persons; adults will continue to be permitted one (1) support person.
- The Family Centred Birthing Unit will allow for two (2) support person with exit/entry access.
- Exceptional circumstances will be managed on a case-by-case basis for palliative patients.
HDH will continue to require masks to be worn at all times, including the patient’s bedside, by all individuals entering the hospital. Food and drink are not permitted for visitors. In addition to wearing a mask and performing hand hygiene, all visitors are asked to read the below COVID-19 screening questions before visiting the hospital to ensure a safe hospital experience.